Thanks to a very generous donation from the Spring Ridge HSA and a grant from the Wilson Education Foundation, your school library has 20 Nook Ereaders to check out!
Nook Ereader Policies
* Only 4th and 5th grade students with no overdue books or fines may check out Nooks.
* Students and parents must sign the Library Use Agreement at the beginning of the year and check the box that says "Nook Ereaders."
* Each color set has the same ebooks on them.
* Nooks are used for literature circles in conjunction with classroom teachers* Nooks are checked out to for 4 cycles, just like books and Playaway audiobooks.* Nooks may not be renewed. If it is late, the fine is $0.25 per day, and there is no grace day.
Directions for Checking Out a Nook Ereader
- Read, sign, and return to the Library Use Agreement with the "Nook Ereaders" box checked. Both you and a parent or guardian must sign this agreement before checking out materials from the Spring Ridge Library. A new permission form must be submitted each school year.
- Write your name on one of the Nook Hold Lists. If there are no holds, you may pick up an empty case with a Nook cover, next to the audiobooks.
- When a Nook is available, Mrs. Jakubowicz will send you a note that you can now check out your reserved Nook.
- Come to the library with the note and pick up your Nook.
- When finished, return the Nook to the library by placing it on the counter or in the book return slot.