Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Permission Forms & Other Student Files
Student Survey and Book Suggestion Form
A short survey that I place in the Nook cover pockets for students to suggest books and to get feedback from students.
Nook Pocket Guide
Modified from the Nook Quick Start Guide, I created this helpful guide to fold in half, laminate, and slip into the Nook cover pockets.
Nooks at the Spring Rige Library!
Thanks to a very generous donation from the Spring Ridge HSA and a grant from the Wilson Education Foundation, your school library has 20 Nook Ereaders to check out!
Nook Ereader Policies
* Only 4th and 5th grade students with no overdue books or fines may check out Nooks.
* Students and parents must sign the Library Use Agreement at the beginning of the year and check the box that says "Nook Ereaders."
* Each color set has the same ebooks on them.
* Nooks are used for literature circles in conjunction with classroom teachers* Nooks are checked out to for 4 cycles, just like books and Playaway audiobooks.* Nooks may not be renewed. If it is late, the fine is $0.25 per day, and there is no grace day.
Directions for Checking Out a Nook Ereader
- Read, sign, and return to the Library Use Agreement with the "Nook Ereaders" box checked. Both you and a parent or guardian must sign this agreement before checking out materials from the Spring Ridge Library. A new permission form must be submitted each school year.
- Write your name on one of the Nook Hold Lists. If there are no holds, you may pick up an empty case with a Nook cover, next to the audiobooks.
- When a Nook is available, Mrs. Jakubowicz will send you a note that you can now check out your reserved Nook.
- Come to the library with the note and pick up your Nook.
- When finished, return the Nook to the library by placing it on the counter or in the book return slot.
Created and Maintained by Your Teacher-Librarian